Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Noah started going to Bible class this month. If he looks tired in the picture, it's because he is. It starts at nine which is nap time. I was a little nervous about how he was going to do, but he did great- or so they tell me. He just takes an extra long nap in the afternoon. He also has been staying in there during worship time as well. I think Brian finally got tired of wrestling a bear cub during church and collecting the toys that he had thrown all over the auditorium was getting a little old as well. He's getting so big!
Time is flying by way too fast! Our baby is already 8 months old. Where has the time gone?!?! Here is what he has been up to...
- He rolls everywhere. He tries to crawl, but ends up moving backwards and getting very mad that the toy he was trying to get is getting farther away.
- He is eating baby foods three times a day and breast/bottle feeding four times a day. We just started meats yesterday which he hated. It was the first time since first starting solids that he has not liked something.
- Every night when he eats dinner, he pauses for a minute, turns really red, and poops. Other than that, he doesn't care for interruptions in his meals. If you are taking too long getting a bite ready, he will let you know.
- He is finally napping!!!! Thanks to the Baby Einstein crib aquarium (greatest invention ever) that we purchased around 7 months, he is now taking pretty regular naps.
- He sleeps 11-12 hours at night. He usually sleeps on his stomach now, but is in a different position pretty much every time we go into the room. He makes good use of every square inch of his crib.
- We finally stopped swaddling him last week. We were so afraid that he wouldn't sleep if we stopped that we just kept putting it off. I was beginning to think that we would send him off to college all swaddled up. He hasn't been swaddled since last week and hasn't really seemed to notice. Apparently we liked the swaddle more than he did.
- We have been through many, many different kinds of diapers trying to find one that he cannot manage to leak out of. We have finally worked out a combination that seems to work... He wears Pampers Cruisers size 3 during the day because he was pooping out the legs of the Huggies and Huggies Overnights size 4 at night because he was peeing out the tops of the Pampers. I have a wide variety of almost full bags of many different sizes and brands of diapers in the closet in Noah's room that he will never wear.
- He has two teeth coming in on the bottom which he loves to feel with his tongue and fingers.
- He still does not seem to have much stranger anxiety. He goes to pretty much anybody. I can at least tell now that he seems to prefer Brian and I over complete strangers, but barely.
- He loves our dog Rudy and is constantly trying to grab his hair. I pity Rudy when Noah starts to crawl.
- He has a horrible cow lick at the crown of his head which is really cute now, but he probably won't think it is so cute when he is 15.
- He loves baths- especially when his dad runs them because they have a lot of bubbles in them then.
- Every night before he goes to sleep, we put him in his PJs and he lays on the floor in his room waving his arms, kicking, and laughing. It is pretty hilarious to watch.
- He laughs and smiles a lot. Even when he is sick or teething, he is still happy most of the time. He is happy most of the day, but he is definitely happiest when his dad comes home at night.
I can't believe he is 8 months old. For the first 4 months, life seemed to be at a standstill. In the last four months, I feel like I blinked and they were gone. Before you know it, he will be off to college, but at least he won't be swaddled!
Teething is no fun! Just when he had started napping well, here come the teeth. His naps became under an hour a piece which made for a very happy baby at night. This picture was taken before the real crankiness set in. It was also the last time he ever used the teething ring. I would post a picture of the actual teeth, but he's not very big on showing them off yet.