Our baby girl is 6 months. The other day, I was looking back at old posts of Noah and it was so fun. And so good to remember that it wasn't all kicks and giggles. I felt really bad that all I have to show for our little girl is one entry... Her birth. So I am going to try to be better so that one day we can look back on her life too. She is such a joy to have as a child. When people see her, they always ask, "Is she always this good?" Now people would ask this question about Noah as well, and the answer would be "Not especially" or "Come to our house around naptime." With Esther, we can honestly say, "Yes, she is" or maybe "Even better." She truly is the best baby ever. She has made the transition from one to two much easier than I expected. Here is what she is up to:
- She sleeps all night. She usually goes down between 7 and 8 and sleeps until around 7 the next morning. We thought we were going to have to give her some tough love and cut out her night feed, but she did it herself. Yea! She takes two naps a day now. She probably should still take three a day, but she just refuses. She gets pretty tired in the early evening, but thankfully just when she is at her fussiest, Daddy comes home and puts the wind in her sails.
- She loves her exersacuer and her jumperoo. I keep trying to figure out which one she likes more so that I can put one up. They take up so much space! No luck yet. She seems to love them both equally.
- She can sit quite well. She has never been the most active of babies so sitting is right up her ally.
- She can roll over both ways now. She rolled from back to front for the first time at 7 months (Yes, she is 7 1/2 months old now).
- She still eats like a champ. She drinks four bottles a day (5-6oz) and eats solids 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). She has slowed down some on the bottles since starting solids. She is a little slower in taking them. I think she just gets bored with them... And very distracted!
- Speaking of distractions, she LOVES watching Noah and would much rather follow his every move around the room than drink a bottle. She laughs at everything he says and does... which is just what he needs, more encouragement. :) She is definitely his Ed McMahon.
- Her other favorite person: Brian. As I mentioned before she gets so excited when he comes home from work. We all get excited. It is pretty much the best part of our day.
- She laughs and smiles all the time. And she is quite the flirt.
Weight: 7.98kg (17lb 8.9oz, 75-90%)
Length: 64.9cm (50%)
Head: 41.3cm (25%)