Monday, June 15, 2009

4 months

Our little boy is now four months old.  I can't believe that it has already been that long.  I thought I would copy my sister-in-law and write about what all he can do so that I would have it for later.  Here goes...
1.  He smiles a lot.  He will hand out big grins for me and others, but will only really laugh hard for his dad.  
2.  At night, he goes down without a fuss, wakes up once to feed and then goes right back down. 
3.  Not the same story during naptime...  He HATES naps.  I think he doesn't want to miss anything.  He takes after his mom in that regard.  Some may call it nosy, I prefer to call it inquisitive.  Anyway, it has been a battle to get him to take a nap during the day, but after many hours of me listening to him cry in bed over many weeks, I think he is finally getting it.  
4.  He can roll front to back (started at 9 weeks), but has not quite mastered back to front.  His Dad claims that he watched him do it, but once again I was not present.  I had just left to go the bathroom- what a little stinker.
5.  He is very long (75%), but on the skinny side (10% at his last visit).  We are actually having to supplement him a little with pumped breast milk right now.  
6.  He has discovered his feet and plays with them all the time.  It is really funny to see his confusion when I put socks on his feet.  Hasn't figured out where his toes go.
7.  He also loves his hands.  He chews and sucks on them all the time.  Occasionally he will gag himself when he puts his entire fist in, and again he can't quite figure out what has happened or that his fist is the culprit. 
8.  He coos quite a bit, especially when he is getting tired.  He really has a lot to say then.  

Noah you are such a joy!  You have blessed your Dad and me so much.  We have loved these last four months and can't wait to see you grow and develop in the coming months.  We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment