Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Noah's Favorite Time of Day

What time of day is that, you ask.... Well it is Nap time. 
I started this post over a month ago, but never finished it because he started taking naps (Note Number 3 on Four Months entry) .  Well here I am one month later, sitting on the couch listening to my screaming child.  How did I get here you ask?...Vacation!  We recently went on a two week vacation.  We visited family and went to the beach.  Whereas, I loved the break and it was good to get away and be with family, I am still reaping the consequences.  Since our return, almost two weeks ago, Noah has taken three good naps.  Yes, that's right, three naps in two weeks!  You may say, "You're just not being tough enough," or "You just need to let him cry it out," but before you judge me, hear me out.  I have been putting him in his bed at designated nap times for almost two weeks, and for almost two weeks, he has cried for an hour at each of those times.  After an hour I would rescue him because it was time for a feed.  I took him to the doctor on Monday to have him weighed and mentioned his naps (or lack there of) and was told "You are just going to have to let him cry until he falls asleep."  Great, how long is that?!?!  Well Tuesday I was really dreading naptime, but was resolved to be strong.  I put him down and, low and behold, not a peep.  He slept for an hour and a half.  The afternoon nap was similar- only about eight minutes of crying.  Sweet!  He figured it out!-- Not quite.  Today I laid him down thinking, "No big deal. He's got this."  He was quiet for about ten minutes, and I began to celebrate another victory- maybe a little too soon.  All of a sudden I heard a noise, but it's okay, He's just talking.  Well talking turned into screaming and so here I am.  How long can he go?  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment