Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wow.

I never knew a haircut could be so traumatic, but apparently it is.  I decided today that I was tired of hearing Brian say that Noah had a mullet and a rattail and started calling haircut places to find out how much they were and if they cut 18 month old hair.  First I called the kid place, "Pigtails and Crewcuts."  I thought it was a little expensive so I kept calling...  Sports Clips was three dollars cheaper and told me that since it was his first haircut he could get the MVP package for the price of a haircut.  Hmmm, "What is in the MVP package?" I asked.  The response was, "we give him a hot towel to put on his face"... Yeah that will go over well.  No thank you.  Next was Wal-Mart.  It was six dollars cheaper, but I had my reservations.  The last place I called, the girl told me that they would start over his ears because that is usually the spot that irritates them the most.  If he freaked out, then they would just stop because their "scissors can cut to the bone" and they would "hate to cut his ear off."  Yeah me too.  I talked to my sister-in-law who said that it was worth the extra six dollars to take him to the kid place so we loaded up and headed there.  He was so excited when we got there because they had a train table to play with.  In hindsight, perhaps we should have waited to let him play with it so we wouldn't have to rip him away from the train to get his hair cut.  

Mesmerized by the train.
Cheese!!!  So happy, for now...
Miss Lisa came along for the adventure and thankfully so.  She became the official photographer and bubble blower.  I don't think she knew what she was getting into.
The happiest face we got, in the first 30 seconds before he realized what was going on.
 Things started going South after that...


This picture cracks me up because I am so over the top excited and happy and he just isn't.
Resorts to trying to dive out of the chair.  I think he is trying to spit out some hair that he got in his mouth.
The next three are definitely my favorite.  Bless sweet sweet Shelly who stuck with him through this and kept cutting away, unphased by the screams and attempts to break free.  By the way, my child was the only one in the store that was screaming.  I just don't get how everyone else has such perfectly calm collected children.  What am I doing wrong?


My sister-in-law had told me previously that they had TV screens for the kids to watch at the place she goes.  Afterward I told her that they didn't have them at this place, but from the previous two pictures, it appears as though they did.  I guess maybe he wasn't quite bad enough to pull out all the stops. :)  We only got suckers and bubbles which, as you can see, were not completely effective.

Things got a little better once the cutting stopped, but were much improved once he was out of the chair and had some Cheerios and water.  Still not happy though.

After the haricut, we went to Panera where Noah was treated to his all time favorite, Mac n Cheese and he was allowed to eat it however he wanted, aka with his hands.  

After lunch we headed home for a nap.  He was asleep before we pulled out of the parking lot.  I guess 20 minutes of crying, screaming, and flailing your body around uncontrollably will tire you out.  Sweet sweet Shelly told me to give them a couple of tries before I gave up and went somewhere else.  Don't worry Shelly, we will definitely not be going anywhere else, for the sake of embarassment and Noah keeping both his ears.  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love ALL of the pictures! Good thinking bringing a photographer :). Maybe the next haircut will be better...Shelley did a really good job!

    ReplyDelete