Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mother's Day Out

Noah started going to Mother's Day Out one morning a week this semester. The picture above was him on our way to school. Not too excited. That morning I told him it was time to go to school and he looked at me and said in the most pathetic voice, "I not want to go to school. I want to stay here and clean the floor." One, I'm not sure what he is talking about. No I do not make my 2 year old scrub the floor. Two, as tempting as that sounded, we had alreadu paid a deposit. Cheapness won out and we loaded up and headed to school. He greadually got excited on the way there... Until it was time for the drop off. He ran inside so excited and then flipped when it came time to go in his classroom. He flopped on the ground and started screaming. They had to scoop him off the floor, drag him in, and then promptly told me to leave. Thus not a lot of pictures. :( When I picked him up that afternoon, he was pretty happy and they said he was great. The next week was a completely different story. Still not too excited on the way, but once we got there he was ready. He walked right into his classroom and said, "Mommy you leave. You not come in here." I told him I had to come in to bring his stuff in and he responded again with, "No, you leave." 2 years old and already too big for his Mom. Today was the fourth time he went to MDO. Last night he was so excited about going. What a blessing that his independence won out over his rigidity and resistance to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment