Eve turned one last September. I have been so bad about writing on here. I love looking back at my posts so I am going to really try and do better. So here goes nothing... The one year post at 17 months.
Eve is a super laid back, pretty happy kid. She is obviously different now from when she first turned one, but she is still the same sweet, happy-go-lucky kid.
- She took her first steps at the end of August a couple weeks before her birthday which if my memory serves me correctly (which it often doesn't) she was the first of any of our kids to take steps on her own. Now she walks everywhere and insists everything.
- She doesn't talk a lot, but I think she just doesn't have much reason to. She says Uh-oh, night, dad, shoes (at least we think), and thank you when handing me silverware out of the dishwasher.
- She is a good sleeper although she does love to wake up at all hours of the night and party for a while before going back to sleep. She, unlike any of our kids, sucks her thumb. We used to try to give her a paci, but she would just spit it out and go to the thumb so we have up. Now when she finds a paci, she always puts it in her mouth and sucks on it, but it is always upside down. Whenever she sucks her thumb, she always twirls her hair with the other hand. Now she has a pretty awesome bald spot on the back of her head which looks even better with her mullet.
- She LOVES to wrestle maybe more than anyone in our family. Noah and Brian will be going at it and out of no where she will run and jump on top of them.
- She has the loudest highest pitched squeal known to mankind. Every time you play peek a boo with her, she squeals so loud at the end. It always makes me laugh and never gets old.
- she has recently mastered the stairs in our house and started getting into everything...not a good combo.
- She loves to out on shoes and gloves. We have some latex gloves under the kitchen sink that she loves to pull out and out on...if only she would start doing some cleaning in them. :)
- she loves to go into either the kitchen or bathroom and take out everything in the drawers. You can always tell when eve has been there.
- She used to be obsessed with socks. She would always carry them around the house. One day I turned my head for two minutes and when I turned around she was gone. I found her in the playroom sucking on a sock. The sock was soaking wet. When I walked back into the kitchen, I noticed a trail of water leading back to the toilet. There in the toilet was the mate to the sock that had been in her mouth. Thankfully I am pretty sure it had been flushed.
Eve, you have added a lighthearted element of fun to our family. You are so so laid back and just go with the flow of our crazy family. You usually don't say much but when you get excited, you can hear you in every room in the house. Your smile and laughter are contagious and you brighten everyone's day. We love you so much and can't imagine life without you. I am so glad God blessed us with you as our baby girl.