Saturday, April 4, 2009

Colds, Baby Showers, and Rolling Over

Today was a day of several firsts in the Hughes household...
1.  We are all sick right now.  That includes Noah.  I would say that he is handling his first cold quite well thus far.  He has been more fussy for the last couple days, but has had some smiles in there too.  It is rather difficult to hear him cough though, knowing that he has no idea why he is coughing and that I am the one that gave it to him.  Poor guy!
2.  Second first: I went to a baby shower leaving Noah at home with Brian.  Their time together started out smoothly with Noah sleeping.  Then it transitioned to play time- fun for all.  He started fussing a little, but Brian being the astute father that he is took him for a walk to take his mind off the hunger (I didn't pump because I did not think I would be gone that long).  It seemed to work for a while...And then, the crying started.  About this time, I began receiving text messages inquiring of my whereabouts and time of arrival.  I quickly left the shower and called Brian only to hear a screaming baby in the background.  I arrived home shortly after that and fed him.  All was right with the world.  I guess the moral to this story is always pump before going somewhere regardless of how long you think it will take.
3.  On my way home from said shower, Brian asked me, "How old are babies supposed to be when they roll over?"  Seriously!?!?!  I have been with him for almost every moment of his entire life.  I leave for three hours and he decides to start knocking out milestones!  When the initial shock wore off, I asked the question that any mother would have asked, "Did you film it?!?"  The response from the other end of the phone was, "Well, no, I was watching him."  For the rest of the day/night, I tried multiple times to get him to roll over.  Did he perform?  Of course not.  Since I don't have any evidence of this monumental event to show you, I will just share another cute picture.  Enjoy! 


2 comments:

  1. What a cute picture! Okay, look at this website: http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-1-to-6-months_1496585.bc and check out the column "advanced". I'm sure you'll both be proud :). Impressed with your blogging skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a long post. i'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete