Thursday, June 6, 2013

Esther, the potty training wonder

Right after her birthday, (in February despite the June publishing date), Esther told me she wanted to go potty. She went and pulled the little potty into the bathroom all by herself. I pulled her diaper off and set her down. She didn't do anything, got up, and we moved on. Right after that Thomas woke up from a nap. I got him, made a bottle, and sat down on the couch to feed him. It was then that I noticed that I had forgotten to put her diaper back on...as she was sitting on the couch right next to me bare bottomed. I tried to coax her off so as not to destroy our couch any more than it already is, but she would not budge. Then all of a sudden, mid feed, she shouts out "poopoo!," climbs down and starts racing for the potty. I quickly removed the bottle, placed Thomas on the floor (ever so gently) and ran after her. She sat down and pooped on the potty. After that, she had a few accidents when we were out, but for the most part, she was potty trained. It was truly amazing. As with everything else in her life, when she decides she is ready to do something, she does it. Just don't try to get her to do something before she decides it's time. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment