Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pride comes before the fall...

I have always prided myself on my children not ever having cut their hair. I mean how hard is it anyway? Just keep the scissors out of their reach people. It's not that difficult. God must have decided I needed some humbling because today I definitely had to eat my words.
I have been meaning to cut Noah's hair for a while now and just haven't made the time for it. He has a Christmas program at school tomorrow so I decided I should finally get around to it. I set the kit on the table, pulled out the clippers, and began. Things were going really well (he is not the easiest haircut in the world), and then from behind I heard the scissors snip. I jerked around only to see that Esther had cut a huge chunk of hair off the back of her head. I screamed and almost started crying which I think may have scared her because she immediately started cleaning all the hair up (as if that was what I was upset about). She had been mad at me for not cutting her hair and I guess she just decided to take matters into her own hands. Noah asked her why she cut her hair, and she very proudly said, "I was taking my haircut!"
People have told me this morning that it will grow back, which it will, but it has taken three years to get where it is now. So maybe by the time she is halfway through kindergarten, it will be back to normal. Awesome. I pray that someday her strongwilledness and determination will be used for good and that all the struggles she puts us through will be worth it. And I truly pity the man who falls for her. He is in for a ride. Haha! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment